We are looking for a vibrant and enthusiastic Practitioner to join our team at Hedgerows Family Centre and support us in our mission to provide outstanding support and services to families. Your role will involve direct work with families.
We understand the pressure of family life and know that most families need additional help every now and again. As a family centre we offer a wide range of services to the whole family including those with children aged 0-5 years old, older children, expectant parents and grandparents.
- Work within a team to promote and deliver a range of activities to support the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) through a range of targeted and universal sessions.
- Where appropriate, work with other professionals to meet the needs of children and families.
- Work as a team to run outreach session for target families who find it difficult to access our centres.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will hold and Early Education or Childcare related qualification
- You will have high aspirations for all children and families
- You will be open and friendly and enjoy talking to people
- You will be flexible, as you may be asked to work in other centres
- You will have practical knowledge of a range of early childhood services available to support parents, e.g. childcare, education, health and employment support
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.