We are looking for an experienced analyst to join our team. This is an exciting multi-faceted role, working to support the provision of insightful performance monitoring information across all service areas of the Council. The role holder will be pivotal in the embedding of PowerBI into corporate reporting practises and supporting senior officers with the use of provided data and systems.
This is a hybrid role with the requirement to come into the office once a week & we offer a full range of IT products that allow you to work from home effectively.
Please see attached job role for further information relating to the post. If you would like any additional information or to have an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Rebekah Edmonds on email@example.com.
- Extract and scrutinise data from systems to provide key insights into council services.
- Use PowerBI to produce accessible, well presented performance monitoring information, which identifies significant trends and variations from agreed targets and relevant benchmarks.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures that facilitates delivery of the Councils strategic aims and objectives.
- Provide support and challenge to Service Groups across the organisation to enable evidence of delivery against the council’s strategic objectives.
- Analyse and report on performance management information across the council, reporting to the corporate leadership team, members, and relevant stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to National Qualifications Framework Level 5 (degree) or above in relevant discipline or relevant experience in the workplace.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and be able to apply such thinking to practical outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, politically sensitive, and experienced of dealing with senior officers and elected members.
- Experienced in data extraction, manipulation, and visualisation.
- Understanding of performance management theories and practice.
- Ability to write complex reports and documentation to a high standard.
- Ability to build effective relationships and achieve co-operation from others.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.