The Environment Team is a progressive, supportive place to work. Working as a park ranger at Emberton Country Park you will act as an ambassador for Milton Keynes Council, helping to ensure that park visitors and contractors have a safe and enjoyable experience in England’s first country park.
Emberton Country Park is a beautiful, busy setting to work in. No two days are the same. If you enjoy people, nature and using your practical skills alongside some office work in the gatehouse, this could be the right job for you.’
This is a fixed term contract until end October 2022
The working pattern will be - Rota across a 7 day week, with regular weekend working 9am -5pm
Excellent communication skills
Management and delivery of health and safety responsibilities in the park
Carry out occasional maintenance duties, or organise for them to happen
Take bookings, process payments, administration
Support and help deliver the development of volunteer activities in the park
Manage conflicting needs of different park users
The Ideal Candidate
Good with people and excellent customer focus
Enjoys working flexibly in a dynamic working environment where no two days are the same
Confident to work in the country park setting and within the gatehouse
Confident working alone and as part of a supportive team
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.