Are you passionate about promoting independence and working as part of a team?
Home 1st Reablement provides short term support to adults who have been discharged from hospital or are recovering from a period of ill health. The team are based at Bletchley Community Hospital and sit alongside health colleagues such as Nurses and Physiotherapists. We work with people for up to 6 weeks to encourage them to regain skills in areas such as washing and dressing, mobility and preparing meals.
If you have a passion for helping others and enjoy a fast paced and supportive environment then this may be the role for you.
- To lead in the assessment and co-ordination of cases involving risk and complexity, ensuring all records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Co-ordinate and lead professional meetings as required.
- Work with reablement staff to ensure individuals are supported appropriately and they are confident in the use of equipment and reablement techniques, including single handed support.
- Develop and deliver training sessions for the team as necessary.
- Work with colleagues in health to ensure continuity of care.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have a degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- Will be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Will have at least 2 years experience post qualification.
- Will drive and have access to a vehicle (or driver).
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.