The Community Occupational Therapy service is embarking on an exciting transformation and is looking for an Occupational Therapist to support with our journey. The service supports adults with longer term needs to maintain their independence through the provision of information and advice, equipment and minor and major adaptations.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual who shares our passion for enhancing the lives of individuals and is keen to become involved in service development, working alongside other social care professionals.
- To be responsible for leading and co-ordinating cases involving risk and complexity.
- Demonstrate an ability to be a reflective practitioner and use creativity to explore individual circumstances and plan appropriate interventions.
- Ensure that all records are accurately maintained within agreed timescales.
- Co-ordinate and lead professional meetings. Provide professional supervision to newly qualified and unqualified colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration.
- A commitment to continued professional development (CPD) and the development of services.
- Ability to use IT systems to effectively record and communicate.
- Two or more years experience in Occupational Therapy.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.