Occupational Therapist Milton Keynes Integrated Autism Service (MKIAS). This is a part time post, 18.5 hours pw. MKIAS is an Autism Diagnostic Service and we are looking to employ an OT ideally with sensory processing training/expertise and some experience of an assessment/diagnostic setting or be prepared to undergo fully funded training to gain the formal qualification.
This is a key role within the service working closely with health colleagues, conducting individual observations, assessment and delivering clinical interventions where required, for people who may have autism. If you are motivated, looking for a new challenge, are interested in progression, then this is the role for you. For informal enquiries please contact Gerhard Fritz via email: Gerhard.email@example.com.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant will ideally have experience of working with both adults and children with autism.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Registered OT with Dip COT qualification or degree
- Experience working with people with neurological needs
- Evidence of fieldwork and or employment within the Rehabilitation field of Psychiatry.
- Strong knowledge of best practices within a similar setting
- Knowledge and practical experience of the Occupational Therapy process in mental health or neurological settings
- Full UK Driving Licence
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. Here at Milton Keynes Council, we pride ourselves on modelling our values, that were co-created with colleague. We are dedicated, respectful and collaborative as we strive every day to make a difference to local people and the community we serve. If you share our values and want to experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.