Are you looking for a job where no shift is ever the same, and at the end of each shift you go home feeling as though you have made a real difference? As a Night Care Assistant, you will join our home care service and help to deliver essential care and support to Adults (18+) with a wide variety of care needs between the hours of 10:30pm and 7am.
The purpose of our service is to enable people with care and support needs to remain living in their own homes. Our service operates across the Milton Keynes area, and you will be required to travel between each visit, so being a driver is essential. This is a key role demanding a high standard of care and an awareness of the special requirements associated with older people, disabled people, and other vulnerable groups. Considering diverse cultural needs and personal preferences is an essential part of the role.
- Shifts Available: 1x 32 hours 2 x 16 hours
- Hours:10:30pm – 7am (Evening shift)
- Respond positively to the changing needs of our service users.
- To provide a personal care service, delivered as detailed in the the agreed care plan whilst following the appropriate Milton Keynes Council policies and procedures.
- Ensure clear, concise, and accurate records are kept of each visit.
- Ensure changes in care plans where required are passed to a manager for further action.
- Always be aware of health and safety, following risk assessments to ensure service user and carer safety.
The Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for a confident, caring, empathetic person who has a desire to help those in need of care and support.
- Previous experience in a Care setting is desired, but is NOT essential. Full training will be provided.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work as an individual and as part of a team, achieving positive outcomes for the people that we provide a service to.
- The successful candidate will need to take responsibility for the work that they carry out, working to clear guidelines and meeting set work objectives.
- A confident communicator with good verbal and written communication skills.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.