We’re looking for an enthusiastic person to join our Built Assets Team as a Maintenance Technician.
You’ll maintain a wide range of City Council buildings including children’s centres, offices, and libraries. Travel is required so a full UK license is essential.
You’ll be driven to retain our excellent Health and Safety regulation compliance across our properties and ensure the safety of our service users, colleagues and communities.
Our small and friendly team deal with a range of colleagues, stakeholders, external contractors and clients.
A branded uniform will be provided along with IT equipment to enable you to work effectively.
- To take responsibility for a range of buildings to carry out reactive and planned maintenance and minor routine repairs work, as well as inspecting, checking, testing and sign-off for suitability of facilities equipment and condition fabric condition reporting whilst remaining flexible to work across the portfolio as required.
- To carry out all duties to the required standards and in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation and ensure that those third parties undertaking activities are completed to the required standards; for example, Water Hygiene Management, Asbestos, COSHH, Fire etc.
- To undertake building inspections including health and safety and statutory reports in a range of properties; identifying areas requiring remedy and specifically those which have a Health and Safety priority.
- To liaise with the Helpdesk with regards to delivering a variety of services such as office moves, room lay outs and set up and election support in accordance with customer requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for somebody with drive and dedication, the ability to build relationships and think proactively, seeing issues and rectifying and or reporting them to reduce risk.
- Full, clean driving licence and the ability to work across a variety of sites
- Ability to use PC competently for all job-related activities i.e., outlook, word, excel, time recording and appraisal systems & other software including FM Property related software. This includes use of handheld devices (PDAs) for logging jobs, deliveries etc.
- To maintain a flexible approach to working hours in respect of undertaking repairs and maintenance works as required and to cooperate with other colleagues in the requirement to operate outside of normal working hours.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.