As a Laundry Driver, you will help to carry out collection and deliveries for our established laundry service supporting vulnerable people across Milton Keynes who require our specialist service.
This is an opportunity to make a real difference to the people we support by working efficiently, using initiative and being kind to our customers.
Loading the vehicle and making daily deliveries and collections Monday to Friday.
Supporting the team in the laundry with loading machines, folding and ironing, packing laundry for delivery.
Maintain accurate records of deliveries and collections.
Carry out daily vehicles checks.
Promote the service through excellent customer service.
The Ideal Candidate
- Organised and practical approach, willing to support the team in the laundry.
- Excellent customer focus and able to resolve customer queries.
- Good knowledge or Milton Keynes and good driving skills.
- Full driving licence for manual vehicles.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.