We are currently recruiting 2 Housekeepers to join our friendly, vibrant and professional team within Day Provider Services. The hours will be 20 hours per week Monday to Friday either 10-2pm or 11-3pm depending on our service need. The housekeeping role is to provide an onsite housekeeping/cleaning service under the instruction of the Team Leaders and Operational Managers. To prepare the day centres for the service users coming into the service and ensure the environment is safe and clean. We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive suitable applications.
- Prepare the service on a daily basis to meet the needs of the individuals staying, this will include preparing rooms, kitchens and personal care areas in accordance with the individual support plans to ensure they are ready for the service users accessing the service
- To carry out housekeeping/cleaning duties as directed by the Team Leaders, Managers or other designated person
- To be responsible for the ordering and safe storage of cleaning equipment and materials for the Day Services
- To manage stock levels, inform admin when stocks need replenishing and keep the service stocks replenished.
- To be responsible for all laundry for the Day Services ie clothing etc
- Operate machinery such as industrial washing and drying machines and ensure they are maintained in good working order
- Undertake minor repairs to soft furnishings, bedding and clothing (i.e. not requiring qualified craftsperson) and maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Liaise with outside contractors for necessary repairs on domestic appliances
- Carry out cleaning duties in Day Service kitchens, cookers, fridges etc, maintaining standards of food hygiene
- • Perform duties in line with Health and Safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
The Ideal Candidate
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Have an understanding of Health and Safety Legislation and COSH regulations
- Have an understanding of Safeguarding, Confidentiality and be able to report concerns to a manager
- Be an organised person who is able to manage their own workload
- Be able to work as part of team
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.