Here at Short Breaks Service, we offer respite and day services to adults with learning disabilities and profound multiple disabilities. We are located in Bradville, Milton Keynes and we are now looking for a friendly and efficient Housekeeper to play a pivotal role in helping us keep our building safe, clean, and to the highest standard for our residents. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out as a part of the recruitment process.
- Prepare the service daily to meet the needs of people staying in the Short Breaks Service. This will include preparing bedrooms, kitchens, and personal care areas.
- To carry out housekeeping/cleaning/simple maintenance duties as required.
- To be responsible for stock levels, ordering and safe storage of cleaning equipment and materials. To be responsible for all laundry in the service i.e., clothing, bedding etc.
- Liaise with outside contractors for necessary repairs on domestic appliances.
- Perform duties in line with Health and Safety requirements and to act where hazards are identified and/or report serious hazards to line managers immediately.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous housekeeping or cleaning experience – desired but not essential. Full training will be provided.
- Good attention to detail when cleaning.
- Self-driven but can work well in a team.
- Personable and friendly.
- Be an organised person who can manage their own workload.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.