Are you looking for a job where no day is ever the same, and at the end of each day you go home feeling as though you have made a real difference? We are a home care service that provides support to Adults (18+) with a wide variety of care needs. The purpose of our service is to enable people with care and support needs to remain living in their own homes.
We can offer a variety of different shift patterns, with the service operating between the hours of 7am and 10pm. We have a variety of hours available, and at the moment are particularly looking to recruit those wanting to work in the evenings and at weekends. Full time vacancies available are worked on a split shift rota pattern. The service operates across the Milton Keynes area, and you will be required to travel between each visit, so being a driver with access your own vehicle is essential.
This is a key worker role demanding a high standard of care and an awareness of the special requirements associated with older people, disabled and other vulnerable groups. Full training will be provided to enable you to carry out the role, and apprenticeship options are also available if you do not have previous experience.
Considering diverse cultural needs is an essential element of the role. It involves mainly working alone to meet our service users assessed needs, responding to any changes or emergency situations as they arise.
- Responding to the changing needs of our service users, ensuring changes that any changes that are needed to be made to care plans are passed to a manager for further action.
- To provide a personal care service to people in their own homes, delivered as detailed in the the agreed care plan.
- Ensure that you always follow the appropriate Milton Keynes Council policies and procedures.
- Ensure clear, concise, and accurate records are kept of each visit.
- Always being aware of health and safety, following risk assessments to ensure service users and carers safety.
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who has a naturally caring nature and wishes to help support people to remain living as independently as possible in their own homes.
Previous formal experience in a caring role is not essential, training will be provided.
The candidate must be able to drive, and will need to have access to their own vehicle. They must be able to confidently drive around the Milton Keynes area.
Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Someone who is flexible.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.