Are you looking for a job where no day is ever the same? Do you like the idea of going home each day feeling as though what you have done has made a real difference to people and their lives? We are a home care service that provides care and support to Adults (18+) with a wide variety of care needs. Our aim is to help people with care and support needs to remain living in their own homes.
We can offer a variety of different shift patterns, with the service operating between the hours of 7am and 10pm, x7 days per week. An additional 5% enhancement is paid on top of the advertised salary for working evenings and weekends.
We have both full-time and part-time vacancies available, and at the moment are particularly looking to recruit those wanting to work in the evenings and at weekends. Full-time vacancies are worked on a split shift rota pattern.
The service operates across the Milton Keynes area. Ideally we are looking for people who can drive with access to their own vehicle, but we do have a limited number of positions that do not require this.
- To provide a personal care service, delivered as detailed in the agreed care plan whilst following the appropriate Milton Keynes Council policies and procedures.
- Ensure clear, concise, and accurate records are kept of each visit.
- Respond to the changing needs of our service users, ensuring changes in care plans where required are passed to a manager for further action.
- Always being aware of health and safety, following risk assessments to ensure service users and carers safety.
The Ideal Candidate
- Our ideal candidate will be someone who is reliable, caring, honest, flexible and who has a real passion for wanting to help people.
- We are looking for people with good communication skills who have the ability to not only talk to people, but also make them feel at ease.
- They must be able to write clear and detailed notes relating to the work you have done each day.
- We need people that feel confident in travelling around the Milton Keynes area, and who feel that they are able to work both independently and as part of a wider team.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.