Are you looking for a job where no day is ever the same, and at the end of each day you go home feeling as though you have made a real difference? We are a home care service that provides support to Adults (18+) with a wide variety of care needs. The purpose of our service is to enable people with care and support needs to remain living in their own homes.
We can offer a variety of different shift patterns, with the service operating between the hours of 7am and 10pm. We have both full-time and part-time vacancies available, and at the moment are particularly looking to recruit those wanting to work in the evenings and at weekends. Full time vacancies available are worked on a split shift rota pattern.
The service operates across the Milton Keynes area, and you will be required to travel between each visit, so being a driver with access your own vehicle is essential. This is a key worker role demanding a high standard of care and an awareness of the special requirements associated with older people, disabled and other vulnerable groups.
Considering diverse cultural needs is an essential element of the role. It involves mainly working alone to meet our service users assessed needs, responding to any changes or emergency situations as they arise.
- Respond to the changing needs of the service user.
- To provide a personal care service, delivered in accordance with the agreed care plan and the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensure clear, concise, and accurate records are kept of each visit.
- Ensure changes in care plans where required, are passed to team leader for further action.
- Always being aware of health and safety and following the risk assessment to ensure service users and carers safety.
- Taking responsibility for delivering own work and meeting agreed work objectives. Working to agreed guidelines.
- Being part of a team and supporting the service to achieve its work goals.
- Clear written and verbal skills with social and observational abilities.
- Asking service users what they need to ensure that we are providing their care to the required standards.
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who is flexible, can think on their feet, enthusiastic and see the bigger picture. We can provide full training so please give us a ring if you are interested in finding out more about a career in care with Milton Keynes Council
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.