We’re looking for a motivated and experienced tutor of Mental Health and Wellbeing to join our dedicated and enthusiastic Adult Learning Team who work with local residents.
You’ll be committed to enhancing the lives of our learners and making a difference. All tutors need to be qualified in their area of expertise to at least level 3 and either have a teaching qualification or be working towards one.
In return, you will become part of a very supportive team, with CPD opportunities and a competitive salary of £24.99-£27.26 per hour.
- Planning and delivering Mental Health and Well-being education to adults and young people.
- Teaching and learning in designated curriculum areas using approved planning tools e.g., schemes of work, session plans, individual learning plans, and practitioner reviews.
- Tutoring both in person and online.
- Using Google for Education for teaching and learning.
- Working as part of a curriculum team, sharing resources, ideas and good practice.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant clinical knowledge and experience in Mental Health delivery
- Ability to create and deliver courses for learners to support their mental wellbeing.
- Emphatic nature.
- Friendly and can communicate well with different service users and colleagues.
- Able to use IT systems in teaching and assessing.
- Qualified or working towards a recognised teaching qualification at level 3 or 4.
- Able to work independently and teach creatively on-line and in the classroom.
- Has own transport to be able to work across our different sites.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.