We’re offering a rewarding new apprenticeship opportunity for a Family Support Customer Liaison Officer.
Over 12 months, you’ll work towards a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship whilst gaining valuable experience of children’s services and administration that will put you in a strong position to start a career in this field.
You’ll be part of a vibrant, friendly team of social workers and business support assistants in the Family Support Team. You’ll primarily respond to telephone calls from families who are working with Children’s Social Care, and the wide range of professionals who support these families. You’ll arrange bus passes, food parcels, cash/voucher/travel requests, and complete other important administrative tasks.
Due to our commitment to Safer Recruitment, the candidate will be subject to local safeguarding checks.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 09:00-17:30 and Fridays 09:00-17:00
Shortlisting - 28 March 2023
Interviews – 4 April 2023
- Gathering relevant information from customers and professionals, to resolve and signpost to the relevant team or to resolve the enquiry.
- Escalating safeguarding concerns to the relevant team and ensuring accurate recording within Children’s Social Care systems to support the decision-making process.
- To work as a member of Children’s Social Care, as a first point of telephone contact managing difficult and emotional situations with customers, providing information and advice.
- Using a wide range of electronic database systems to input and retrieve data whilst responding to enquiries.
The Ideal Candidate
- Enjoys talking to people and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Knows about or can quickly learn about Children’s Social Care.
- Has the ability to advise, guide and negotiate with a wide range of people both verbally and in writing regarding complicated, or sensitive information.
- Is flexible and adaptable with a calm, positive approach to the ever-changing work environment.
- Can work effectively using their initiative whilst recognising when support/advice is required.
- Who can prioritise tasks
- Who is inquisitive with the ability to apply innovative and creative thinking to improve the service we provide to customers.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.