We’re looking for a self-motivated, confident person with project management experience to join us a Partnership Officer.
You’ll have experience managing multiple tasks and objectives, including the design and use of key reporting and monitoring systems. You will be an excellent communicator and team player, confident working with a range of stakeholders and someone who takes the initiative when required.
You’ll be responsible for coordinating the delivery of Milton Keynes Shared Prosperity Fund (SPF) Investment Plan which will see £3m invested locally to:
- Restore community spaces and create the foundations for economic development at a neighbourhood-level
- Support community groups to deliver projects that promote cohesion, culture, arts, public realm, sport, community safety and community engagement/involvement
- Enable local businesses to thrive, innovate and grow
- Help reduce the barriers some people face to employment and support them to move towards employment and education
In this role you’ll work closely with a diverse, cross-directorate team, elected councillors and external partners to deliver an important programme of activity. This will involve scoping, commissioning and coordinating delivery of projects and grants, compliance, procurement, allocating and monitoring budgets, and reporting on programme performance.
You will act as the day-to-day contact with central government and will undertake site visits and project audits to check project progress, ensuring that all activity is compliant and in line with processes.
- Lead on the Council’s Shared Prosperity Fund including allocating grants, ensuring compliance, monitoring and evaluating projects and reporting to central government on the progress of the initiative and provide any reports/data/information as and when requested.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of grants/funding and provide support to grant holders in order to facilitate the delivery of quality projects on time and on budget. This will include reviewing applications for funding and making recommendations to the decision-making panel to ensure that available funding is put to best use.
- In consultation with Community Engagement Manager, implement transparent and effective grants management processes. Ensure the allocation of funding is in line with the original SPF bid and provide updates, information and data on SPF as required with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure community engagement and resident involvement is aligned to the aims of the Community-led Estate Renewal and Regeneration Strategy, and is coordinated within neighbourhoods and across the programme. Manage the planning and delivery of a wide range of engagement activities including setting up and running the SPF partnership forum.
- Review reports and monitor progress of projects to verify that grant holders are implementing grants to address agreed objectives in a timely manner and in-keeping with good practice.
- Work closely with colleagues to coach and support grant holders in the management of their activities, funding and partnership.
- Acting as an Ambassador for the Council, promoting the vision, objectives and values of the Council, the post holder will work in partnership with Estate Renewal Forums, Resident Associations, Ward Councillors, Parish Councils, other strategic partners and the private and voluntary sectors to promote the benefits and projects of the SPF across Milton Keynes.
- Support cross Council work identifying and assessing local needs to prioritise how/where to allocate grant funding through interpretation and analysis of data such as the Census, the Indices of Multiple Deprivation and areas that have identified through the Regeneration and Renewal Strategy.
- To respond to requests for information as required e.g. FOIs, MP requests, KPIs and government statistics.
- Promote, review and report on the Grant scheme including preparing reports for committee.
- Ensure the grant scheme and all other associated work meets all legal and accounting requirements including any requirements under procurement regulations set out by MKCC and central government.
- Ensure the projects and grants are fully compliant with all the requirements set out by central government ensuring there is no clawback/withdrawal of funds.
- The above responsibilities are indicative but not exhaustive and can be amended to reflect changing business requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of managing/monitoring large-scale externally funded grant programmes.
- Experience of project management, compliance, procurement, managing multiple tasks and objectives simultaneously, including the design and use of key reporting and monitoring systems.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.