Milton Keynes Educational Psychology Service are looking for a creative and motivated Educational Psychologist to join our friendly team, where diverse psychological approaches and interests are valued.
There are exciting changes in process for the service, including a recent move towards more integrated working with wider SEND Team colleagues, increased delivery of training and project work, and the introduction of a Milton Keynes-wide psychological consultation service for schools. This allows for a renewed focus on early intervention and preventative working. We are committed to ensuring that psychology is accessible for schools and settings, families, and children and young people across Milton Keynes.
We are a team who are supported by current technology; invest in CPD opportunities, and who prioritise quality professional supervision. We use a clear allocation system for statutory work which allows EPs to manage their workload and retain work-life balance.
- To provide psychological advice to staff within Children’s Services and other agencies, including working closely with colleagues in other SEND teams.
- To provide a high-quality psychological service to children and families, schools and other partners.
- To provide a psychological perspective for SEND processes to assist in decision making and efficient use of resources.
- To contribute to initiatives supported by evidence-based practice.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking applicants who are flexible and self-motivated; who are able to work collaboratively with a range of agencies and settings, and who are able to play a role in future team developments.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- A doctorate or post-graduate qualification in educational psychology recognised by the British Psychological Society.
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Practitioner Psychologist.
- Experience in the application of professional and technical knowledge and skills.
We welcome applications from qualified Educational Psychologists, or Trainee Educational Psychologists who are due to complete the doctoral training in summer 2022. Both full and part-time applicants will be considered.
Please contact Dr Suzanne Bailey-Knight (Principal Educational Psychologist), Dr Jen McLaughlin or Loretta Cicognani (Senior Leadership Educational Psychologist) for an informal chat about the role on 07920 147126 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.