The Children and Family Practices are seeking to recruit three full-time Early Help Advisors. The role will enable you to support the increase in the number of Early Help Assessments being completed; support agencies to become lead professionals and enhance the provision of interventions undertaken by universal providers.
Due to our commitment to Safer Recruitment, the candidate will be subject to local safeguarding checks.
- To identify and implement clear policy and procedures for a range of professionals facilitating the Team Around the Family (TAF) process, supporting professionals to initiate and manage the process from early help assessments (EHA) through to early help plans.
- Ensure safeguarding procedures and policies are being adhered to and raise any safeguarding risks or emerging concerns with line manager / Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) promptly.
- To provide regular duty cover within the MASH which will include the oversight of new referrals / queries as received by MASH.
- To develop a knowledge bank of local support resources and organisations, to support professionals .
- To monitor the effectiveness of the TAF process, providing monthly statistics ensuring ongoing development and improvement of the service.
- Maintain accurate records using various systems.
- Support the identification and completion of nominations for the Supporting Families Programme.
- Support with the provision of training to include understanding around levels of need and completion of assessments.
- Challenge agencies who are resistant to completing Early Help Assessments.
The Ideal Candidate
- Our service welcomes someone who has a recognised qualification, including either a Social Work degree or other degree / HND, Advanced City and Guilds in a relevant profession such as Policing, Education, Youth Work, Criminal Justice or Health.
- You must also have 3-4 years of skills / experience gained in early help intervention through Policing, Education, Youth Work, Criminal Justice or Health relevant setting as well as expert knowledge of Working Together to Safeguard Children, MK Together Effective Support Windscreen and Levels of Need documentation.
- The candidate will need to have the ability to travel including access to your own vehicle for which a mileage allowance will be paid. On occasions, there will be a requirement to work outside normal working hours.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.