As Deputy Team Manager you will provide specialist advice, coaching, professional consultation and supervision on cases particularly those that are high profile, complex or potentially litigious situations across Working Age Adults. This includes developing good relationships with partner agencies and developing robust systems and procedures. There will also be a chance to improve the experiences that service users have of care through our quality assurance framework and various project work.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing risk and achieving positive outcomes for service users in difficult situations.
- Co-ordinating work, providing professional support, allocation of work and the monitoring of case loads and support to social workers and community liaison officers.
- To assist and advise Social Workers and Social Work Assistants with the management of more complex cases.
- To undertake regular staff supervisions and to carry out appraisals with staff to assess their performance in line with MKC policies and procedures.
- To be supportive of multi disciplinary work, encouraging effective team working, which leads to improved service user and carer outcomes.
- The management of complaints allocated to them by the Team Manager.
- To monitor reviews and referrals received by the team ensuring they are responded to within agreed timescales.
- Monitoring and reporting of the activities of the team, agreeing outcomes regarding Care Act and Mental Capacity Act assessments, Safeguarding and CHC/DST processes.
- To undertake work as an authorising signatory on behalf of the Local Authority
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified social worker registered with Social Work England and hold relevant experience within field.
Experience in supervising staff
Someone who enjoys talking to people and trying to put things right.
Someone who can get about, ideally with a driving license.
Someone who is flexible – you might be asked to work in another place.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.