We are currently recruiting for Customer Service Advisors to join our dynamic, friendly and proactive Customer Service team. As a Customer Service Advisor, you will be able to easily demonstrate excellent communication skills that will help you to understand the customer’s feedback, concisely & proactively report it to colleagues across our organisation and share updates with our customers. As a service, we want you to join our team at a time of expansion and excitement, as we are working across our organisation to consolidate new and traditional call services within our fast-paced, inbound Contact Centre – from booking a notice of marriage to getting to visit one of our tips, from ordering new bins to taking official complaints, or by answering a Planning query or helping a customer to use our MK Connect service, - does this sound like something that you could do? If so, we would like to meet you. We offer 1-2-1 training and coaching in addition to a wealth of in-team experience to help you gain the specific skills you’ll need to succeed to build a career within the organisation.
Ability to actively listen during customer contact and establish the best route forward for them, referring to other service areas within the Council or to external agencies.
The Ideal Candidate
- GCSE Grade A-C in at least five subjects, including Maths and English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to empathise and understand the customer’s issue and share the answer that they need to hear
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - the ability to ask proactive questions to gain more information
- Excellent IT skills, with demonstrable experience in utilising stand-alone CRM systems
- Experience of working within a fast paced customer contact environment – either on the telephone or face-to-face
- Ability to proactively and independently identify and implement solutions
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.