Join our fast paced task orientated compliance team we are looking for an organised analytical thinker who can work independently processing Freedom of Information requests (FOI) and Subject Access Requests (SAR) delivering our responsibility to UKGDPR and the Freedom of information act. You will work with colleagues across the organisation as well as being strongly linked to the corporate centre.
To maintain up to date professional knowledge of Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulations in order to provide advice, support and training to staff and managers across the organisation to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
2. To ensure Subject Access Request information and Freedom of Information requests are prepared and processed in accordance with various guidelines, including accessing and collating relevant information.
3. To receive and allocate Subject Access and Freedom of Information requests to the appropriate service area and ensure timescales and quality requirements for responses are adhered to.
4. To communicate directly with customers with queries relating to Data Protection and Freedom of Information issues
5. To support effective communication with the Information Commissioners Office by liaising with appropriate senior managers to enable a timely, quality response from the Council.
The Ideal Candidate
A- level or equivalent professional qualification or professional experience
2. Demonstrates knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act and key information governance principles.
3. Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Written communication demonstrates a professional style and a high level of attention to detail.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.