Our Commissioning team are recruiting three people to help manage contracts across Adult and Children’s Services as part of a team restructure.
You’ll be responsible for all end-to-end processes related to contract management for our Working Age Adults, Older People and Children and Young People’s services.
Milton Keynes City Council is a modern and friendly place to work. We offer an excellent benefits package including an enhanced pension, generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days as well as a great range of training and development opportunities to help you in your career. Colleagues may be site-based or home-based, depending on the needs of the role and their own preference.
- Work closely with commissioned providers to manage contracts.
- Be able to negotiate and manage difficult and challenging situations and disputes.
- Manage poor performance and hold providers to account and develop action plans.
- Manage the yearly inflationary and any other fee setting processes.
- Work with local providers to manage the care and support market, in addition, explore ways to develop new provision based on need.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working within a local authority and understanding of how to operate in a political arena.
- Experience of managing contracts of substantial value.
- Experience of working with key stakeholders to manage and stimulate the local provider market.
- For this role you are required to have a Full UK Driving Licence. If you are successful, you will be required to supply evidence of your licence prior to starting the role.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, excellent pension scheme widely regarded as one of the best available.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.