Are you a keen communicator who thinks about the person who will receive that letter or email? Do you want to help shape how local people are told about our services and how they can use them?
In Adult Services we support people with their Social Care needs, providing services such as Occupational Therapy and Social Work Assessments, as well as providing housing information and support for people facing homelessness or applying for social housing. Our services are wide-reaching, and we are focused on putting the people who use them at the heart of what we do, especially when it comes to communication.
We have created a new role in our Quality and Performance team to help us with this. Whilst the role will focus on helping our services improve how we communicate, there will be numerous opportunities for personal development and growth and to learn about Adult Social Care and our people-focused Housing Services.
We offer a variety of training and development opportunities, including a range of Apprenticeships up to master’s level. So, if you are looking to build a career with Milton Keynes City Council this may be the ideal place for you to start.
- Working with teams to improve our outgoing communications.
- Making sure our website pages are accurate and provide local people with the correct information.
- Working with partners and colleagues to review, update and write our internal and external facing policies.
- Developing relationships with colleagues in lots of different teams and services to really understand the important messages they need to get to people.
- Support our internal communications strategy, with how we communicate with colleagues and teams within service areas.
The Ideal Candidate
- Someone who can write about anything and everything, making complex detail simple and clear.
- Impeccable grammar and written communication skills.
- An eye for detail- someone who is passionate about producing quality outcomes.
- A creative thinker- someone who can work with teams to improve how they communicate with the people who use our services.
- Someone who is confident when using and learning new IT and Microsoft packages including MS Teams.
- A people person who enjoys working with a wide range of people to create outputs for lots of different teams.
- Someone who is naturally curious and wants to learn more about what we do in Adult Services.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.