We’re seeking a RICS qualified Property Manager or Estates Surveyor with experience in managing a mixed and varied property portfolio to join our fast-paced team.
Owned by Milton Keynes City Council, Milton Keynes Development Partnership (MKDP) uses and develops its land assets to help the city become a better place to live, work and socialise.
We’re looking for an experienced individual to build on the management of our substantial portfolio. You’ll be responsible for client and performance reporting, contract management, and development of the team.
You’ll be responsible for the delivery of a full suite of property management services including landlord and tenant, statutory compliance monitoring, facilities management, and service charges.
You can find out more about MKDP on its website and read the 2022-2025 business plan.
- Lead on landlord and tenant transactions on behalf of MKDP including lettings, lease renewals, rent reviews, easements and tenant consents.
- Provide comprehensive client advice on all property management matters, including regular management reports and KPI monitoring.
- Manage landlord repairs and maintenance including contactor management, service charge budgeting and reconciliation.
- Ensure rents are collected in a timely manner and recommendations are made for the recovery of any arrears.
- Keep property databases and management records updated in a timely manner.
- Ensure the portfolio is managed in a compliant manner, remedial works are ordered and completed, and all health & safety legislation is adhered to.
- Act as the main point of contact for all MKDP tenant enquiries.
- Manage, support and mentor the Assistant Surveyor and Service Charge Technician.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Surveying, Property Management or a related discipline, ideally with membership of the RICS.
- Significant post qualification experience in managing a full suite of property management services across a mixed portfolio.
- Excellent organisation skills, with attention to detail, able to prioritise and meet deadlines, and manage expectations.
- Be a good communicator with the ability to build excellent customer, client and team relationships, demonstrating a professional aptitude and building confidence and trust.
- Ability to work without supervision and to accept responsibility for decisions taken.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.