Children and Families Practice Team (Central) is seeking to recruit a full-time practitioner to join our established team on a one-year contract. The successful candidate will work with children and their families who have been identified as requiring early help support.
You will work closely with children and their families, undertaking assessments to build relationships and gain a better understanding of how they feel and what could be done to improve things for them . In addition, you will also work with parents and carers, supporting them with any parenting challenges they may be facing.
To ensure assessments and support cover a range of different needs, you will work alongside other professionals and take the lead for chairing Team Around the Family meetings in accordance with the Working Together Policy 2018.
Direct, indirect and clinical supervision is available to assist you to achieve positive outcomes for children/young people and to support you as a person and for career progression.
Closing Date: 26th May 2022
Interview dates will commence 7th June 2022
- Support and provide solutions for the families you have been allocated.
- Work with other agencies to carry out assessments to build relationships with the child/young person in order to understand support they need to improve their situation.
- Be able to travel to families homes, children’s school and other settings within the community.
- Following an assessment, work with other agencies to identify the support needed to address any areas of worry. This may involve making referrals to other agencies to access the necessary support
- To maintain accurate, clear and concise case recordings for all children/young people accessing the service. These will clearly detail the child/young person and their families’ circumstances to give a clear account of their life story.
The Ideal Candidate
- A valid UK Driving licence (You will need to have the ability to travel including access to your own vehicle for which a mileage allowance will be paid.)
- Previous experience of working directly with children, young people and their families.
- Flexible - On occasions, there will be a requirement to work outside normal working hours.
- Enhanced DBS check.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.