We’re seeking a Caretaking Assistant to join our friendly and helpful Estates Services Team on a twelve month’s fixed term contract, covering the absence of a colleague.
You’ll provide a safe and clean environment for the communal areas within our housing blocks.
You’ll be responsible for spotting and reporting problems and listening to resident’s feedback. We’ll provide you with training on how to use specialist equipment.
Milton Keynes City Council is a modern and friendly place to work. We offer an excellent benefits package including an enhanced pension, generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days as well as a great range of training and development opportunities to help you in your career.
- Provide cleaning in our communal areas over various sites.
- Using specialist equipment which we will train you to use.
- Spotting and reporting problems like faulty lights.
- Being helpful to residents and listening to their feedback on cleaning.
- Assisting with any other tasks such as putting up notices.
- Reporting urgent repairs to the Caretaker or Estates Services Supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in working within this field or are a quick learner and will readily adapt to new cleaning techniques.
- You are comfortable talking and listening to our residents and happy to address any issues that may arise, either personally or reporting it to the appropriate department.
- Able to use a smart phone.
- You are required to have a Full UK Driving Licence (maximum of 6 points). If you are successful, you will be required to supply evidence of your licence prior to starting the role. Please note you will have access to a vehicle whilst at work.
- Can demonstrate that you're a team player as well as being motivated to work on your own.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, excellent pension scheme widely regarded as one of the best available.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.