The Council is the biggest landlord in Milton Keynes. We have thousands of houses as well as flats and our Caretakers do a really important job, taking care of the shared areas in our blocks and the surrounding areas, ensuring that they are clean and safe as well as building relationships with our residents to create an area where they are proud to live.
We now have an exciting opportunity for three committed and hardworking caretakers to join us in our Estate Services Team.
- Complete safety checks using a smart device, which we will train you to use
- Assist with ad-hoc manual handling tasks including carrying large / bulky items
- Spotting and reporting repairs, eg faulty lights, fire doors being defective
- Liaising with residents, listening and acting on their feedback relating to repairs and safety
- Undertaking other tasks, which will include, minor landscaping tasks, clearing garages, completing audits and working alongside other colleagues within Milton Keynes Council.
The Ideal Candidate
We need someone who has knowledge of or is able to quickly learn how to conduct safety checks. You should have the ability to use a smart phone, take photos and confident to report any queries to the appropriate department. You will be out amongst our residents, so you should enjoy talking to people and willing to put things right, when needed. You are required to hold a full driving licence, (with no more than 6 points). Finally, we need a team player, who can work just as effectively on their own, and will happily show flexibility if asked to work in various locations. Please note a vehicle will be provided whilst at work.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.