If you are interested in making a positive difference to people’s lives and want a rewarding career, then we would like to hear from you. At Milton Keynes City Council we are dedicated to supporting our communities and improving the lives of people who use our services. You will join an organisation that is passionate about providing personalised care that is safe, effective, caring and responsive to our service user’s needs. We take an approach that promotes dignity, respect and independence, ensuring people receive the right support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.
The service takes clients from the age of 18+ who have complex care needs and / or dementia. The service supports people on a long-term basis to remain living independently in the local community.
The service takes clients from the age of 18+ who are needing support to return home following a hospital discharge or following an episode of illness or injury at home. The service supports people on a short-term basis of up to 6 weeks to help them to regain confidence and physical ability, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes.
Day Services and Short Breaks
Our Older People and Learning Disability Day and Short Break Services provide day and overnight support to people with Dementia, learning disabilities, autism and/or physical disabilities.
Pay & Reward
The salary range for our carer roles is £22,777 - £24,054 per annum. Retention Payment – We are also currently offering an additional monthly retention payment of £166 until March 2023 (T&C'S apply).
Who are we looking for?
Experience of caring isn’t essential as we are looking for individuals that identify with our values and can demonstrate kindness, patience and compassion as well as have a desire to support local people with their day-day life in their own homes or in the services we provide. We will offer you all of the support and training that you will need to succeed. Come and join one of our teams who are striving every day to make a real positive difference to local people.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.