The Care and Response Community Alarm Service provides alarm units and ‘red button’ pendants to over 5000 residents within Milton Keynes, enabling vulnerable people to call for assistance at any time of the day or night.
Our dedicated call centre in Stantonbury receives around 15000 calls a month and we respond with care, compassion, we listen, we assess and ultimately, if needed, we dispatch a responder. The core purpose of the Care and Response Community Alarm service is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We listen and provide support when it is needed most and provide a mobile response to all areas of Milton Keynes. The Care and Response Community Alarm service operate 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Full training is provided for all areas of the role and service, so don’t worry if you haven’t worked in a service like this before.
- As a Care and Response Officer you will be working across all aspects of the service.
- As a Call Handler you will be answering calls direct from our service users.
- As a Mobile Responder – providing first response to fallers or other emergency calls at a time of crisis.
- As an Installer of equipment in people homes.
The Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for someone with a full driving licence.
- Someone who has caring nature, patience, and a desire to help people.
- Have a calming influence in a crisis.
- Good communicator and personable.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.