Courteneys Lodge is an extra care sheltered housing scheme for people living with Dementia. It enables people to live independently with the support of a care team on site. We are looking for a Care Team Leader to join our vibrant management team to ensure the service runs safely and effectively. Ideally, you will have a traceable experience in a supervisory role within a care setting. As part of our commitment to safer recruitment, this role will undergo an Enhanced DBS.
Provide day to day leadership to the care team who deliver person centred care to vulnerable adults.
Monitor the changing needs of individuals ensuring positive outcomes.
Work with multi-disciplined health and social care colleagues in developing detailed person centred careplans and risk assessments for tenants.
Monitor and report the quality of care delivered ensuring the service constantly meets CQC standards.
Working a range of shifts including evenings and alternate weekends providing line management and coaching to carers.
Report to the Registered Manager any issues relating to attendance, capability, and performance.
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum NVQ level 3 in Health & Social Care with a minimum of 3 years experience.
Someone who can communicate clearly and accurately both spoken and written with basic computer skills.
Someone who can make calm and balanced decisions in complex situations and able to challenge inappropriate behaviours.
Someone who is flexible and willing to work at other sites if the need arises.
Someone who is kind, respectful and treats people with dignity and empathy.
Someone who can comply with legislation and regulatory requirements.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.