Flowers House is a Sheltered Housing with Care scheme with 34 flats which enables people with dementia to live independently with the support of a care team on site. In this key role, you will provide personal, social and emotional support to our tenants. You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and preferably have some understanding of dementia. No experience is necessary as full training will be given but you will be able to demonstrate flexibility and be able to work over a 7 day rota system, which includes every other weekend. If your'e new to care, or haven't worked in care for the last 12 months, Milton Keynes Council is offering up to £2000 as a golden hello payment.
The role includes providing personal, social and emotional support to our tenants. Administering medication, basic domestic tasks. You must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and be a good team player.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is kind, caring and patient with the initiative to work on their own and within a team. You will be friendly and approachable and open to new challenges. You will need to be flexible as you will be work shifts, Early's and lates and weekends including Christmas and other holidays as we operate 365 days per year. You will also be expected to undertake annual mandatory training.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.