Milton Keynes City Council Youth Justice and Support Service is looking for an experienced administrator with excellent IT skills to join as a Business Support and Information Officer.
Our teams help safeguard and support young people involved in or at risk of offending behaviour.
You’ll join our Business Support team who are responsible for accurately recording information and providing efficient and effective support to allow our practitioners to spend the maximum amount of time working with young people.
You’ll split your time between our offices at Civic and a satellite office in Bletchley. Occasional evening work may be required.
An enhanced DBS check will be required as well as a short IT test for shortlisted applicants.
- Maintain accurate records of cases on relevant databases and organise case files to ensure that information is available to all who need it.
- Support Youth Offending Team practitioners in accurately recording information required by national data recording guidance.
- Manage incoming telephone calls and emails and ensure they are dealt with or passed to an appropriate person for action.
- Provide reception management at our satellite office in Bletchley.
- You’ll take lead responsibility for liaising with the police to manage the 'Out of Court Disposals' referred to us and for managing our 'Early Support Project' referrals from Children's Services and other agencies.
- You will also be responsible for leading our interactions with our partners in YJSS and other agencies who provide specialist support to our young people for such issues as substance misuse, speech and language, and community enrichment, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- An experienced administrator with excellent IT skills who is able to respond flexibly to challenges and manage a dynamic workload.
- You will be able to engage effectively with a wide variety of agencies.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.