We are looking for a full-time, office based Business Support Assistant to join our busy Business Support Team based at the Care and Response Alarm Centre. The role will provide comprehensive and efficient business support to the Care and Response Service, Sheltered Housing Service, Sheltered Housing with Care, Disabled Facilities and MKC Laundry service.
You must have a positive ‘can do’ attitude in providing an outstanding, flexible, administrative service to our customers, colleagues and other agencies, whilst also establishing and building respectful, honest and professional relationships.
- Carrying out admin duties including: answering telephone calls, scanning documents, setting up accounts and raising purchase orders.
- Providing an effective and efficient business support service to all service areas.
- Using software accurately to input data and create reports.
- To ensure that purchase orders and sales invoices are processed in accordance with the Council’s finance procedures including the use of the Council’s electronic finance system. This will involve taking electronic payments.
- To maintain confidential records and filing to electronic records, to ensure efficient and effective storage and retrieval of information
- Flexible approach to work and a readiness to accept change
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be able to multitask in a busy office environment
- Will have a proactive approach to supporting our service user, through advice, guidance, assistance and signposting to other relevant services.
- They will have excellent customer service skills and the ability to provide the service user the best possible and appropriate advice and guidance.
- They will be able to communicate clearly and and with confidence.
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative and co-operatively as part of a wider team.
- Great IT skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products and an ability to learn our service-specific software.
- A clear communicator with good numerical proficiency is required to take on this challenging and rewarding role.
- You will also need to demonstrate a strong understanding of General Data Protection Regulations
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.