This exciting opportunity is located in the Education Sufficiency team which sits under the wider Education Sufficiency, Access and Attendance service area. We are looking for a dynamic individual to work closely with colleagues across Milton Keynes City Council and externally with our various education partners and agencies to ensure children can access their statutory right to education.
The role holder will provide expert and high quality information and advice to the Sufficiency and Access Leadership team and across the Children and Families Service Group relating to business intelligence across education services, children’s services, within any other related teams across the council, with our statistical neighbours and from national performance data. This includes the gathering, storing, analysing and providing access to information that helps gain insights and make better evidence based decisions.
The role will also take responsibility for a number of key statutory returns covering education and schools (including SCAP). The role holder will be pivotal in supporting children to access their right to high quality education by supporting with strategically planning the supply of education provision across the borough in line with demand, and ensure children can access local provision.
This is a home based role with the requirement to come into the office once a week. We offer a full range of IT products that allow you to work from home effectively.
Please see attached job role for further information relating to the post. Shortlisting for this role and interviews will be held in January 2023. If you would like any additional information or to have an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Dominic Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
- To manage and provide high quality business intelligence that is consistent, relevant, timely and can be put to use in but not limited to, ensuring that MKCC meets its statutory duties in relation to the place sufficiency of education in the short, medium and long term via accurate data trend and analysis work. Influencing future education place planning strategy and policy across Milton Keynes and supporting and challenging settings and schools to ensure access to local high quality education.
- To produce accessible, well presented information reports which enable managers to identify significant trends and variations from agreed targets and relevant benchmarks. These reports will include detailed narrative explaining the level of performance and the prognosis for the future, as applicable.
- To ensure that reports and statutory data returns required by the service group, education services, the council and government are completed accurately and on time, providing relevant and necessary quality assurance moderation as appropriate.
- To ensure that MKCC is maximising any possible income streams to support the wider education sector including being responsible for creating justification business cases for the collection of any education related s106 contributions as well as for the monitoring of any education s106 monies collected.
- To research, implement and manage the most effective methods of data collection, storage, and analysis, bearing in mind the uses to which data will finally be put, optimising the use of new technology when and where appropriate. This includes the effective use and development of key management information systems.
- To ensure that data quality, data sharing and data security issues are managed and resolved as appropriate through liaison with relevant colleagues and other partners, at all times managing risks effectively.
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to National Qualifications Framework Level 5 (degree) or above in relevant discipline or relevant experience in the workplace as an analyst or working with complex datasets.
- Knowledge and skill in collecting, collating, analysing, and communicating complex data both in verbal and written form to a high standard.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and be able to apply such thinking to practical outcomes.
- Some who enjoys collecting, collating, evaluating and interpreting complex information, and enjoys developing processes and plans to inform decisions and recommendations.
- Able to act on own initiative and is self-motivated.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.