Milton Keynes has one of the fastest growing city economies in the UK and the city will play a vital role in the UK’s Economic Recovery from Covid-19, with thousands of Businesses already calling Milton Keynes home.
Milton Keynes Council’s Economy team lead the Council’s activity on Economic Development and Inward Investment, as well as a number of current key corporate projects including the Milton Keynes Economic Recovery Plan.
We are looking to strengthen our team by recruiting a new Business Engagement Officer, to provide help and support to the businesses of Milton Keynes and those looking to relocate here, and to help promote Milton Keynes.
- Providing support and advice to businesses established in Milton Keynes or moving to Milton Keynes and to internal colleagues
- Delivery of the MK Council’s key business facing programmes
- Communication with Businesses of MK Council’s activity through the Invest MK channels, using Invest MK social media and website
- Support the project management of key Economic projects, including but not limited to, working on the Economic Recovery Plan and the Bletchley Town Deal marketing of sites
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate dedicated to helping the Businesses of Milton Keynes to build a better Milton Keynes.
They will be a strong communicator, adept at building good working relationships with a range of stakeholders, and able to passionately promote Milton Keynes.
The role profile provides all the details on the essential requirements of the role.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.