The role of Independent Chair is to ensure the effective operation of the Bletchley
Pathfinder Delivery Board and act as a visible champion for the Bletchley Partnership work
in the area and beyond.
Terms of the appointment
The appointment is until April 2025. Time commitment is in the region of 24 days per
annum. An allowance of £6,500 is payable in recognition of the substantial amount of time
and effort the role will demand. This rate has been calculated on the basis of it being 50% of
the standard NHS Non Executive Director rate. The allowance will be paid through Milton
Keynes City Council payroll and subject to tax and NI if applicable.
Duties and responsibilities of the Independent Chair (to be read in conjunction with the
duties and responsibilities of Board Members):
- Lead the Delivery Board, ensuring it makes best use of the talents and resources of all members
- Chair Delivery Board meetings, plan and prepare the agenda and supporting reports and attend other meetings and events where necessary
- Ensure Board Members are able to best carry out their role by offering them any support they might need
- Build the profile of the Bletchley Pathfinder by acting as an ambassador and spokesperson, advocating for locality based working and preventative health and care projects included in the Bletchley Pathfinder scope.
- Develop an effective working relationship with the Project Sponsor
The Ideal Candidate
Required skills and experience
- A good understanding of the health and care agenda, in particular primary care
- Knowledge of the local area, ideally with a strong professional network
- Commitment to listening to others
- The ability to effectively chair meetings
- Strong organisations skills
- A commitment to the seven (Nolan) principles of public life
The Bletchley Pathfinder aims to identify ways of improving neighbourhood
working which can then be applied across Milton Keynes.
For more details, read our information pack.
To take the Pathfinder forward we will be establishing a Delivery Board. We
are now looking for an Independent Chair for the Delivery Board.
If you are interested in expressing an interest, please provide a letter, no
longer than two sides of A4, outlining your skills and experience against the
person specification and email it to email@example.com by 27 November
(Do not click on 'Apply for this job'. Please follow the instructions above)
The role attracts an allowance of £6,500 annually.
The Bletchley Pathfinder it is supported and promoted by the Milton Keynes
Health and Care Partnership, which has broad representation from across the