To assist in Permit Coordination- ensure all permits are coordinated and managed accurately and efficiently to preserve the free flow of the Highway network. To support the Senior Permit Coordinator and Permit Coordinator in the delivery of an effective permit scheme. To coordinate all aspects of road and streetworks.
- Assist in managing enquiries and complaints for the streetworks team
- Liaises with contractors and Utilities to agree routes for major works, to ensure compliance with the Traffic Management Act 2004
- Issues defect and other notices in order to ensure compliance with the Specification for the Reinstatement of Openings in the Highway (SROH). Ensure that remedial and/or completion of works are carried out in a timely manner.
- Assist in Permit Coordination- ensure all permits are coordinated and managed accurately and efficiently to preserve the free flow of the Highway network.
- Assist in the creation of further traffic regulation notices for road closures
- Section 58 administration
- Adding events on coordination software
- Production of team invoices
- Undertaking NSG data management in permit coordination software
The Ideal Candidate
- Working knowledge of New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991 is desirable
- Ability to produce letters, documents ,reports, spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to all levels over a broad area of activities.
- Previous experience in working in a Council environment
- Basic knowledge of NRSWA and permit schemes
- Experience in using GIS
- Ability to work effectively with others
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 19.7%
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cashplan
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles)
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs)
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Childcare Subsidy
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, multi cultural, adrenaline packed expanding city with so much to offer on its door step. From beautiful open spaces, a busy theatre district, large shopping centre to a number of cultural and leisure facilities.
Milton Keynes Council has an array of responsibilities, such as: education, housing, highways and social services. Altogether, the council provides over 240 services to the citizens of Milton Keynes, and to meet such an extensive and diverse range of challenges we must be innovative and dynamic to provide services successfully to meet the increasing demands that will accompany the growth of Milton Keynes. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with us. If you want to make a difference and experience a fulfilling job measured on outcomes and results with great work-life balance, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.