We are currently recruiting an Allocations Assistant to join our Housing Allocations Service. The service manages the housing register and the allocation of social rented accommodation. You will act as the initial point of contact for the service, providing effective and efficient business support and giving advice and assistance to customers to help them access and understand the housing register and associated allocation procedures and policies. It can be a very fast-paced environment and while you work as part of a team, you will also need to work effectively on your own. A requirement of this role will be to have an enhanced DBS completed.
- To act as the initial point of contact for the Housing Allocations Service providing advice and guidance to customers, including housing options, sharing information about the housing register, downsizing, transferring, mutual exchange.
- To support the service in maintaining the housing register and assisting customers to access and understand the housing register and associated policies.
- To provide effective business support, including administering downsizing application payments and the exceptional decisions panel.
- Organising work streams, updating electronic information systems and organising appointments and meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
- Level 3 Business Administration qualification or equivalent relevant experience. Minimum 1 years’ experience of administrative support.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer services experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to plan and prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, excel, word, PowerPoint and ability to quickly and confidently learn and utilise a variety of different IT systems including APP and MS Teams.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, Apprenticeship Programmes (junior and senior), coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.